Position Title: Watchmaker
Location: Manufacturing and Technology Centre, Henley-on-Thames, RG9 4GE
Department: Service Centre
Position reports to: Workshop Supervisor / Head of Technical
Activities: Watch servicing and repair – Enviroment/tool maintenance. ( 95% – 5%)
Scope of work
– Ensures a high level of intervention service to customers
– Manages his/her resources to achieve the goals set in terms of quality, service content as well as promised lead times and profitability
– Uses all available means to improve the effectiveness of his/her service
– Operational: Duties are related to the knowledge and level of the given watchmaker
– Provides repairs : Quick repairs when required (bracelet /Strap services-adjustments etc.) Partial repairs to the given level.
– Complete service – Hand-wound mechanicals and simple automatics
– Complete service – Chronographs
– Complete service – Simple complications
– Complete service – Chronograph complications
– Provides basic polishing-refurbishing service ( If required )
Guarantees repair Expected quality (esthetical + functional) with:
– Expected quantity (performance)
– Expected promised lead times
– Backs-up superior in his technical linked tasks, incl. quality feedback
– Respects Bremont’s technical guidelines
– Guarantees quality of his complete environment, maintaining cleanliness on his/her bench and in the locations under his/her responsibility.
– Adopts the most effective and efficient methods to cut down the time spend on each intervention and quality control jobs.
– Supports the estimation, intervention and control phases of customers and stock items (if needed).
– Discusses issues on any trouble-related jobs or problems linked to work load or environment and provides feedback, if any to the superior to achieve productivity level.
– Undertakes special projects assigned to him by his superiors efficiency – best working practice-EHS-technical variations-product knowledge-technical updates and improvements made by manufacturers.
– Works in a safe and proper manor, has a good understanding of EHS related tasks and procedures. Uses provided safety PPE and maintains them in good order.
– Has a good understanding of equipment and tools in his environment and their safe operation.
– Guarantees quality of his tools and equipment allocated to him. Maintains them in good order and condition carries out an annual tool stock take. Advises his superior when a replacement is required.
– Maintains all equipment and tool in optimum working condition, which includes washing, sterilizing and cleaning.
– Recommends purchase of same that may improve the effectiveness and service of the service centre.
– Promotes quality in order to avoid repeating errors.
– Complies to instructions given by the superior and technical guidelines set out by manufacturers and Bremont and ensures that quality work is being carried out and not compromised.
– Undertakes technical training to expand scope, update best practice, stay current with technical evolution and best working practice.
Qualifications, knowledge and experience:
– Preferred WOSTEP or similar diploma in watchmaking
– Minimum 5 years bench experience.
Competencies and personal attributes:
– Honesty and integrity
– Willing to adapt proactively and positively to new challenges
– Understanding the brand ethos
– A team player but also confident to work proactively without guidance Dexterity, meticulous attention to detail and exemplary organisational skills Able to communicate well, both orally and in writing.
– High standard of written English and grammar
– A hardworking and reliable attitude, able to work autonomously but collaboratively
– Able to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines. Self-motivated and sets high standards and constantly prioritises
– Able to remain calm and focussed under pressure
– Willing to adapt and take on new challenges and driven to continually improve
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Leave A Comment