Swiss Time Services Ltd
H&T began serving communities in London in 1897. Since then we have expanded to become one of the oldest and leading pawnbrokers in the UK. In recent years, H&T has accelerated its development by adding new products and services, expanding the store network and developing a complete online service. Our continued investment in the business and the communities we serve has resulted in us being the largest pawnbroker in the UK and Scotland.
In July 2022, Swiss Time Services Ltd was acquired by H&T Group PLC, and we continue to run as normal.
Our facilities reflect our commitment to producing work of the highest quality.
We utilise the state-of-the-art equipment with many of our most experienced watchmakers having been trained inhouse before receiving accreditationfrom our Swiss watchmaking partners.
We are now seeking a watchmaker to add a to our amazing team, based within Hockley, Southend, SS5.
This role will support STS watch service center to achieve the company’s strategy, providing mechanical and quartz servicing to STS and brand specific standards.
This role will require the successful candidate to have or develop a detailed knowledge of luxury watches, their functions, tolerances and how to enact repairs for our trade and retail customers. The individual should have a fine eye for detail. An ability to communicate, discuss and impart knowledge would be favourable.
A knowledge of luxury watch brands is desirable, manual dexterity and confident handling watches coupled with knowledge of watch movements will be advantageous. Being a team orientated individual will be essential. Full support and training will be given.
A qualified watchmaker will be able to undertake servicing and repairs of brand specific complications and chronograph modules.
- Perform mechanical and quartz servicing
- Ensuring that repairs adhere to STS quality standards
- Carry out all repairs within the agreed time frame
- Maintain volume throughput
- Ensure all repairs meet Quality control guidelines
- Carry out full services on a variety of mechanical and quartz luxury watches
- Maintaining and using the correct tooling to complete the repair
- Maintaining workflow through repairs
- Adhering to guidelines, working instructions and customer requests
- To receive and participate in internal and external training
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Any other reasonable management request
Skills and Qualifications
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or Google suite
- Experience in the watch industry.
- Good technical knowledge of use of watchmaking tools.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Knowledge of luxury watches and watchmaking.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Be able to work to deadlines.
- Adaptable to multiple roles dependent on business needs.
- Wostep or BHI qualification, brand accreditation or previous bench experience.
A Bench test will be conducted at interview stage.
This is an excellent opportunity to join us at this exciting time, celebrating 125 years of trading and going from strength to strength alongside Swiss Time Services Ltd.
Send your CV now – this could be you next best career move!