About The Swatch Group
The Swatch Group is a multinational company active in the manufacture and sale of finished watches, jewelry, watch movements and components. It is the world’s largest watchmaking group, and supplies nearly all the components required for the watches sold by its eighteen individual brands. We employ people in over 50 countries and in Australia, we are the biggest employer of watchmakers and technicians.
This role reports into our Workshop Manager and is required to estimate repairs for all brands, give counter support & when required undertake movement exchange / partial services.
- Estimate cost of repairs by conducting diagnosis
- Identify the spare parts required
- Record information on paperwork
- Identify service required
- Undertake minor repairs (i.e. battery changes, gasket exchange, water resistance testing, removing links)
- Movement testing and/or Movement exchange
- Case preparation (i.e. crystal & pusher fitting, etc.)
- Water testing
- Bracelet repair
Skills and experience
- Satisfactory results of a watch making apprenticeship course or industry experience in a watchmaking company would be beneficial but not mandatory
- Ability to perform complete movement exchange of quartz and mechanical watches beneficial but not mandatory
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy environment
- Very strong attention to detail
- Customer service focus
- A drive for excellence
Watchmakers and Technicians choose to align their career with The Swatch Group because we are innovative and just keep growing. We encourage our workshop to not only learn from each other but also to make use of the excellent training that we provide. Because our workshop repairs watches from all the brands across the company there is always something new to learn as new products are released at last every year.
How to apply
Click APPLY to submit your application.