TrueFacet Watch Technician
Are you interested in disrupting the luxury jewelry industry and being part of the next great start-up in the sharing economy? Are you customer focused and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment?
TrueFacet, a New York City based start-up, is the luxury marketplace where individuals can shop and sell jewelry and watches with confidence. We’re a fast-paced collaborative environment that requires someone who is flexible, detail-oriented, analytical, and finds comfort working with multiple teams, vendors, partners, and management.
The position of Watch Technician is an opportunity for the right individual to join a growing Operations team. Reporting to the Leader of Operations, the primary purpose of this position is to support the quality control process. You will play an integral role in delivering on our promise to provide our customers with high quality, luxury watches and jewelry. The right candidate will blend strong critical thinking skills, is detail-oriented and cool under pressure.
You’re an energetic self-starter who seeks a challenging position on a growing Operations team. You desire to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment where your strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize competing priorities allow you to excel.
You have an affinity for luxury watch brands. You study the history of watchmaking and appreciate the beauty of a finely crafted timepiece.
You’re an experienced and talented watch technician. Your ability to restore a watch to its original condition is an ability you take very seriously.
- Authentication and appraisal of Swiss watches
- Basic overhaul of Rolex and ETA 7750 movements
- Quality control of all Swiss watches, including verification of parts and mechanical components
- Coordinating repair and refurbishment of watches with 3rd party watch specialists and sellers
- Design and implement various process improvement initiatives
- Certified by the AWCI Board of Examiners for CW21™ – Certified Watchmaker of the 21st Century
- Ability to differentiate original and aftermarket watch parts
- Strong knowledge of luxury watch brands, including Rolex, Cartier, AP, Breitling and Omega
- At least 3 years of on hands watch authentication/repair or similar watch experience
- Detailed oriented, organized and follows up on time
- Computer skills should include email and Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Word and Excel)
- Ability to work comfortably and professionally in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple assignments and meet all deadlines with minimal supervision and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet business and workgroup needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Must be 18 years or older
- Authorized to work in the US
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Flexible vacation and sick days
- Work environment that emphasizes collaboration, community, fun, and creativity
- This is a full-time position
TrueFacet is a New York City-based e-commerce marketplace for modern luxury, where experts validate the
integrity of each and every item, ensuring customers can shop and sell jewelry with confidence. We’re looking for
ambitious and enthusiastic folks to join and grow within the company.