The Hermès Watchmaker/Watch Craftsman will be responsible for supporting the Madison Avenue Boutiques with watch repairs, quality control, and battery and strap changes. This position provides a high level of client service and support to local boutiques.
Repairs- Complete Quartz watch repair including movement replacement and H2O testing, manual wind watches, H2O testing, automatic movement repairs and overhaul, all calibers and simple to complications. H2O testing a gasket replacement, re finishing, refining of all cases and bracelets to like new standards, crystal replacement.
Quality Control- Provide Quality Control assessment, perform battery and strap changes.
Asses and determine, through QC analysis, whether the watches meet the quality control standards required to put them out to the retail and wholesale businesses. Periodically places orders to Switzerland for parts required to repair or refurbish the watches. Independently able to perform all repairs from start to finish.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Minimum Years of Experience:
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role.
• Minimum Education Requirements:
Must have certification and graduated from a top watch making school.
• Extensive knowledge and repair experience and training on the following:Chronographs / Quantum Annual Calendars / Jumping Hours / Retrograde Date Functions / Phases Of The Moon / Grande Date Functions / Auto Winding Movements / Quartz Movements / Manual Winding Movements / Specialty Watches such as Diver models with Unidirectional Bezels. / Dual Time GMTs / etc.
• Must have strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Excellent verbal /written communication skills
Hermès may be the name of a company, but it is above all the name of a family who, for nearly two centuries, has been shaping the history of a Parisian house based on expertise and quality, tradition and innovation.
A harness maker then a saddler, Hermes now channels its creativity through 14 métiers. The key values remain the same: high standards and authenticity, elegance and simplicity, imagination and daring.
An independent family business, Hermes continues to live by its French tradition of craftsmanship by creating and producing beautiful, useful and lasting objects. The company brings together more than 12,000 employees in 50 countries and 60 subsidiaries, all artisans in their own way and all committed to the long-term development of the company.