The Hermès Maison Madison Flagship Boutique opened in 1983 and focuses on providing extraordinary service to clients as a part of the New York Region. This position will report to the Director of Client Services and will work collaboratively with the sales team and selling support teams to support the client experience in a fast-paced, luxury environment.
As the Junior Watchmaker, you will handle watch repairs for the Maison Madison store, as well as all other HOP locations as needed. You will facilitate the maintenance process of Hermès timepieces, in accordance with the Hermès Horloger Customer Service Policy. As a Junior Watchmaker, you will represent and promote Hermès timepiece craftsmanship at the Maison Madison store and across our US boutique network.
This position is also responsible for monitoring and assisting in repair activity to ensure both optimum efficiency and well-being of Hermès timepieces, while always guaranteeing the highest level of client service regarding lead time and quality. The Junior Watchmaker will be held accountable for supporting and properly advising the sales team in the Stores and the Hermès Horloger team, on all technical issues or issues relating to Customer watch repairs and maintenance. The Junior Watchmaker will work closely with the After Sales and Operations Team of the boutiques, The Hermès Horloger sales team, and the Client Development Team.
All other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
About the Role:
- Participate in day-to-day diagnostics of watches under repair or overhaul
- Dismantle, clean, prepare, reassemble, and ensure waterproofness of the quartz watches, in accordance with watchmaking standards and the lead times set by Hermès Horloger
- Responsible for hacking the parameters of the battery and movement
- Be able to conduct battery changes, quick service, bracelet/strap changes and quick interventions
- Responsible for polishing and buffing watch & clock exteriors (external parts)
- Conduct final checks (functional and aesthetic) on watches and clocks under repair or overhaul, in accordance with Hermès quality standards
- Strong ability to use adequate tools/testing equipment, and contribute to stock management
- Drawing up quotes, and recording and tracking repairs via Hermès Care
- Understand Hermès’ after-sales policy and timepiece repair techniques and conciliate the best interest of both HOP and its customers.
- Be aware and support in maintaining all the stock inventory of repair parts, hardware, and consumables.
- Order the adequate repair parts and necessary products to repair to avoid the shortage of parts
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the luxury retail market and competitors
- Travel domestically to boutique locations as needed, or internationally for training sessions.
Decision Making Responsibility:
- Yes: responsible for making assessment of necessary repairs to client owned merchandise
- At least 2 years of technical school training in watchmaking, apprenticeship, or Watchmaker Certification
- At least 2 years of experience working as an After-Sales Watchmaker
- Experience in repair and maintenance of basic mechanical movements such as ETA 2892, ETA 2000, Selita SW300
- Able to work in a timely manner and handle a minimum number of operations per week such as 120 quick services (battery changes) on quartz watches, 20 overhauls on quartz watches, or 15 overhauls on simple automatic mechanical watches (Ex. ETA 2892)
- Excellent analytical and deductive skills
- Ability to find solutions and consistently meet set lead times
- Acutely aware of client service, where complete customer satisfaction is the main objective
- Must possess excellent communication skills in order to effectively communicate with clients, management and employees in boutiques and workshops.
- Meticulous and accurate in their work, with a strong sense of organization
- Exude the spirit of Hermès through sound timepiece craft skills, knowledge, and experience
- Exhibit ability to be open minded, and a capacity to work well with others
- Solid foundation of technical skills such as Microsoft 365 and Excel
- Must be fluent in English or prepared to learn the language as a top priority
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Ability to lift between 0-25 lbs without assistance
The range for this position is $66,559.79 to $99,839.69 annually. Actual rates are determined based on the job, location, and individual experience.
We are looking for a candidate that has a combination of the above attributes and can perform the key functions of the role with or without reasonable accommodations