M & G JEWELERS
We have been in business for over 23 years and we are expanding. We are currently seeking a skillful watch technician to join our group. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone ready to make a positive impact.
We are seeking to staff our business with an energetic, dedicated and responsible individual who is interested in joining our team and becoming a key component of a dynamic team. If you’re looking to start your career with the leader in the industry then you’ve come to the right place.
This is a full-time position. We offer competitive pay, health/dental/vision benefits, paid vacation, sick time, anda retirement plan with generous company match and a lot of opportunity for growth.
We need an individual that is a quick learner, self-starter that can handle responsibility and pressure well.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Clean, rinse, and dry timepiece parts, using solutions and ultrasonic or mechanical watch-cleaning machines.
- Oil moving parts of timepieces.
- Change batteries
- Disassemble timepieces and inspect them for defective, worn, misaligned, or rusty parts, using loupes.
- Reassemble timepieces, replacing glass faces and batteries, before returning them to customers.
- Perform regular adjustment and maintenance on timepieces, watch cases, and watch bands.
- Record quantities and types of timepieces repaired, serial and model numbers of items, work performed, and charges for repairs.
- Adjust timing regulators, using truing calipers, watch-rate recorders, and tweezers.
- Test and replace batteries and other electronic components.
- Test timepiece accuracy and performance, using meters and other electronic instruments.
- Demagnetize mechanisms, using demagnetizing machines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Communicates with manager regarding issues, concerns, and progress.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Proceeds with basic repairs using techniques necessary to complete work.
- Familiar with most watch brands
- Diagnose and correct problems
- Complete services on time to the highest quality standard
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment
- Maintain clean and organized work area
- Operate and maintain all watch equipment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Goal-oriented – striving to complete all work before the due date
- Willingness to further education through training
Ideal candidate will have knowledge of battery and gasket replacement, overhauls, movement replacement, watch refinishing, strap and/or bracelet adjustments, and replacement of parts such as crystals, stems, crowns, etc.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of two years working with watches
We have been in business for over 23 years. Come join our team and move up in your career!