Posted January 13, 2017 by Mark Esslinger
The Watchmaker is responsible for the repair and maintenance of incoming watches from the general public. Handles complicated movements of brands such as Omega.
Location: Omega Boutique, 711 Fifth Avenue, New York City
- Repairing exterior components of the case and full servicing and adjustment of the movement
- Same tasks as defined for complete repair, with the addition of checking for unidentified problems, precision adjustment of the movement and timing and extremely thorough testing of the movement.
- Must be proficient with escapements, hairsprings and precision regulating tasks
Specialist knowledge of complicated movements or completion with satisfactory results of a post-apprenticeship course, such as WOSTEP (Watchmakers of Switzerland Training and Education Programme).
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Drive for excellence
- Customer Service focus
- Ability to cope under pressure in a busy environment
- Enthusiastic and self motivated
- Job Type: Full-time
Many watchmaking companies have come and gone in the last 150 years, but only the strong have survived. One company that embodies such…