ROLE OVERVIEW – Bench Jeweler
Our business is growing, and Shop LC is looking to increase our team of Bench Jewelers to support our jewelry repair department. The Bench Jeweler is primarily responsible for repairing, resizing, setting, and maintaining pieces consistent with Shop LC quality standards and service.
- Repair broken clasps, pins, rings, and other jewelry by soldering or replacing broken parts
- Re-size rings made from using different metals.
- Restore damaged or broken jewelry, select appropriate gems, clean and polish jewelry while maintaining quick turn-around times.
- Reshape and restyle aged jewelry, following designs or instructions, using hand tools and machines, such as jeweler’s lathe and drill
- Cut and shape precious metals into jewelry pieces using cutting and carving tools.
- Multi-task, prioritize duties, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Adhere to all safety-related procedures to reduce the risk of accidents.
- Order and maintain jewelry supply necessary in a jewelry workshop.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a bigger team.
Skill / Experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Bench Jeweler
- JA Certified Bench Jeweler (CBJ)
- Gemstone and diamond setting skills required.
- Must have in-depth knowledge about various types of gemstones and diamonds.
- Knowledge of jeweler’s tools, machinery, and equipment required along with advanced jewelry repair knowledge.
- Expertise in setting/replacing all kinds of gemstones and diamonds with various settings.
- Should have knowledge, understanding, and experience working with various plating solutions.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of various chemical solutions used for jewelry making/repair
Benefits and Perks
- 100 % Company-paid, employee-only medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 4% 401(k) matching and company profit sharing
- Up to 15 days of PTO/Vacation, parental leave, company-covered Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, paid training time, paid volunteer time, 7 paid holidays.
- Employee Assistance Program as well as Corporate discount for meditation courses, access to financial, physical and mental health resources
- Tuition Reimbursement and Scholarship Program (for dependents going to college)
ABOUT SHOP LC
We are an electronic retailer of jewelry and lifestyle products headquartered in Austin, Texas with a passionate team of approximately 500 Employees. Our products are sold through TV in over 80 million homes through live 24/7 broadcasts, our website, Apps, Marketplaces, and social media.
We are the US retailing unit and a subsidiary of Vaibhav Global Limited (VGL), a well-established and vertically integrated company, founded in India 35 years ago.
The other retailing units of VGL Group are in the UK (Shop TJC) and Germany (Shop LC, Germany). Together, all 3 businesses ship out approximately 50,000 products to their customers in the US, UK, and Germany every day. In addition, VGL Group operates offices globally in India, China, Indonesia, and Thailand.
We believe in supporting our community and protecting the environment with the purpose of Delivering Joy. Our service to the community is run through our Your Purchase Feeds… program where we donate one nutritious meal for each item sold to school children in India, the US and UK.
Your Purchase Feeds… has provided over 40 million meals to date, and our mission is to distribute one million meals every day to children in need by 2031. We believe that Your Purchase Feeds… provides more than just a meal: it feeds the hearts, minds, and futures of children.
We are also committed to protecting the environment by constantly working on reducing our carbon footprint and becoming net zero by 2032. Our offices in India function on solar power, and each business unit is working towards getting a LEEDS certification.
We live by and are inspired by our core values of Teamwork, Honesty, Commitment, Passion, and Positive Attitude, which form the basis of every decision we make.