Since 1978, Jewellery By Design has been an independent jewellers in Merseyside & Cheshire. We specialise in designing & making unique handmade items of jewellery & all aspects of jewellery repairs
We also retail ladies and gents jewellery.
Due to the size of the company, Goldsmiths perform a wide range of duties in various areas of expertise, relating to the company’s Jewellery Business.
Goldsmiths will perform intricate, precise work with precious metals and gemstones to fix pieces of jewellery. The focus is on jewellery repairs, performing entry-level tasks such as simple clasp or link repairs; to more complex tasks, i.e. create jewellery from scratch using precious and semi-precious gems and metals, build moulds from metal or wax that will produce new jewelry pieces. More advanced Goldsmiths can be skilled in computer-aided design (CAD) engraving.
Under the leadership and guidance of the Supervisor, the Goldsmith is responsible for providing, outstanding customer service establishing and developing strong customer relationships, building individual sales and establishing new clients.
Your Main duties will be:
· Restore repair old or damaged jewellery
· Adjust already-created jewellery for size or customise to customers liking
· Jewellery polishing and finishing
· Personalise through engraving
· Resetting stones
· Claw work
· Create original pieces from a design specification or customers request
· In all tasks or duties performed working to meeting all S & E clients’ expectations
Your other duties will include:
· Provide exceptional standard of customer service
· Managing own work
· Completion of tasks requested in time scale required
Being able to perform entry-level to more complex tasks competently
Attention to detail
Partner effectively with other team members.
High customer service
· A positive can-do attitude is essential
Reference ID: Goldsmith
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £18,000.00-£260,000.00 per year
Workshop well spaced out work benches in a well lit air conditioned workshop.
All necessary COVID safety measures are worked to
basic skill training: 1 year (preferred)
Leave A Comment