Posted May 2, 2017 by Esslinger Staff
Hello! We are looking for a bench jeweler to work with us on-site.
Ours is a local business that is well-established and family owned & operated. We run a full-service jewelry store in Downtown Bozeman, Montana. Our lab is currently VERY busy, and we are on the hunt an accomplished goldsmith to add to our already-awesome team! Could it be you?
JOB DESCRIPTION —
This position will include, but is not limited to the following:
- service & repair to clients’ jewelry
- work on custom-design & stock pieces
- ordering parts
- cleaning & checking merchandise for the store & customers throughout the day
- assisting with pricing of repair jobs
- consulting with customers, as needed
- being willing to aid to the training of others
- maintaining all bench tools and equipment; keep a safe, neat, and clean work-space
- working in a timely manner to complete projects according to established deadlines & ensure profits Excellent quality and customer service are expected!
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS —
- minimum of five years experience with jewelry repairs in a business/lab setting
- demonstrated proficiency and skill in the areas of sizing, soldering, and polishing/finishing
- setting expertise in various methods (prong, bezel, pave, tension, flush, etc.)
- ability to complete multiple projects per day, dependent upon their level of difficulty
- ability to read, write, and understand instructions in English to properly complete repairs
- capacity to order parts and stones necessary for various jobs
- competence with a laser welding machine
- ability to work directly with customers as needed with regard to repairs & design work
- extensive industry knowledge and the willingness to share said knowledge & experience
- organized & reliable
- deadline & detail-oriented
- honest & dependable
This is a full-time position. Additional languages and familiarity with a point-of-sale system are a definite plus. An extensive background check will be performed as part of the hiring process. Compensation is dependent on experience.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and performance-driven person to join our team and become an important part of our future. Please stop-in with your resume or e-mail us with relevant information regarding your interest.