About the job
Join Chisholm Hunter as Bench jeweller – Glasgow
Are you passionate about jewellery and timepieces? Want to join one of Scotland’s largest jewellery and watch workshops? We’re seeking a Trainee Bench Jeweller/Polisher.
With a heritage dating back to 1857, Chisholm Hunter’s mission is to be A Cut Above in everything we do, and as a result we have grown to become one of the UK’s leading jewellers. We have one of the largest jewellery and watch workshops in Scotland, and a high-performing, passionate and skilled Workshop team. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and driven with a good eye for detail.
We want to offer exceptional service to our valued clients, and we work hard across all disciplines to achieve this, key accountabilities for this role include:
We offer the opportunity to:
- Be part of a renowned, family owned jewellery brand with a rich heritage and a commitment to further growth where feedback of ideas is embraced
- Join a dynamic team who are as passionate about their craft as we are, with the added benefit that we fully sponsor colleagues to complete their JET qualification – and reward them when they pass!
- Advance your career within our expanding company where over 80% of our current managers were promoted from within and started their career in non managerial roles.
- Generous employee discounts on watches, jewellery, and accessories across Chisholm Hunter and Barclays diamonds for colleagues, their family and friends.
- Sizing rings to fit customers accurately.
- Applying rhodium plating for enhanced shine and durability.
- Expertly polishing metals, including gold, silver, and platinum.
- Skilled soldering, specifically using a micro weld for chains, shanks, and bracelets.
- Performing retipping and rebeading services.
- Utilizing a laser welder for precise jewellery repairs and designs.
- Executing shank replacements.
- Safely removing and reattaching pearls to jewellery pieces.
- Strictly following health and safety protocols.
- Collaborating and supporting the team and workshop manager.
Qualification & Experience
- Display a positive and enthusiastic attitude with a keen interest in learning.
- Strong organizational abilities.
- Proficient in managing time and delivering results in a high-pressure environment.
- Consistently achieve weekly KPIs.
- Responsible for maintaining and organizing the workshop area.
- HND in Silversmithing and Jewellery Design desirable but not essential.
If you’re ready to embark on a dazzling career journey, we invite you to apply today! Join us and be part of a team that brings sparkle to people’s lives.