About the Job
Are you an experienced Jeweler looking for your next challenge? Would you describe yourself as a skilled Jeweler being able to provide excellent quality and customer service ? Well-come join the new JCPenney this might be the position for you! Come be a part of a team that is changing the face of retail forever.
The Bench Jeweler role is to provide the highest quality repairs in a timely manner to support JCPenney store sales and meet our customer’s expectations.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
– Performs precision sawing.
– Performs simple clasp replacement.
– Performs jump ring soldering and solders wedding sets together.
– Performs stone work:
– Resets round precious stones into existing seat.
– Stone tightening of prong set stones.
– Works with and explains characteristics of all precious stones.
– Works with and explains characteristics of all semi-precious stones; properly selects and pulls stones for repairs
– Properly sets Pear and Oval shape stones in all types of settings. Sets skills of bead set and nick set stones.
– Performs all aspects of engraving using Computerized Engraving equipment.
– Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Jewelry and Watch System (JAWS); performs operations of moving repairs and produces reports for status updates, as needed.
– Performs repair services:
– Sizing of rings (up and down 4 sizes maximum)
– Repair and install safety chains
– Pin replacement on bracelets
– Advanced clasp repair
– Earring post installation and repair
– Installation of sizing beads
Working hours: 1st Shift
– Must possess basic understanding of jewelry repair techniques and demonstrate working knowledge with stone setting, finishing and the latest techniques in jewelry repair.
– A demonstrated ability to apply techniques pertinent to work assignments.
– Familiarity with equipment or tools used in the repair, cleaning, polishing, or reconditioning of jewelry.
– Must possess a high level of manual dexterity, and have a keen attention for detail.
– Must possess knowledge of all tools, proper care and maintenance procedures; properly prepare gravers, forming and sharpening.
– Understands/uses proper torch control techniques.
– Maintains organized work environment
APPLY to this ad or https://www.randstadusa.com/jobs/search/rgs/bench-jeweler_haslet_14048776/
Tell your friends to call 817/491-9443 x 1548, 682-231-0752 if they are looking for work as well.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you’re looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.