Employment Type: Full or Part Time
Are you a badass metalsmith who loves working as part of a team of talented equals? Are you passionate, quirky and like to have fun while working hard and getting things done? If this applies to you, please keep reading…
We’re a growing company making jewelry with a focus on caring, honesty and customer obsession. We need a new team member who loves making jewelry and helping others as much as we do!
THERE ARE A FEW REQUIREMENTS:
1. Enjoys working with their hands–prior jewelry making experience is ideal!
2. Excellent eyesight and an eye for visual details (our pieces are VERY tiny and we have high standards for quality!)
3. Happy, positive and awesome with a can-do attitude
4. Hardworking but also fun (and not uptight), but also hardworking 🙂
5. Ability to focus in a production environment that makes large quantities of the same components
6. A customer-focused perspective in everything you do
7. The ability to see the big picture and how each small part affects the whole
8. Pride and attention to detail in the quality of what you make
9. Laid back with no ego and open to learning or doing anything that’s needed
10. Must love music, binge watching The Office, and dogs (all together, or separate and not in that order.)
SUPER BONUS POINTS FOR:
1. Experience finishing jewelry with a flex shaft
2. Skills in metal forming
3. Experience with gold plating
4. Jewelry soldering experience
5. Knowledge of stone setting
6. Hand stamping experience
7. Teaching experience
1. Forming/finishing and soldering our delicate and minimal rings, earrings and other pieces
2. Assembling dainty necklaces, bracelets and earrings
3. Hand stamping to create personalized, meaningful pieces
Layered + Long is a fast-growing brand that prides itself on beautiful jewelry and fantastic customer experience. We make all of our items in our shop in La Conner, WA. Our focus is on a simple, delicate style and meaningful, personalized pieces. We sell ALL of our work online. You can check out our Etsy store here: www.layeredandlong.com and our website at www.gldn.com
Our work environment is sacred to us here: it’s filled with positive energy and purpose as we work hard and have fun doing it. We want to preserve our happy, supportive, productive culture and are careful to build a team of like-minded individuals (and a cat and a few dogs) who share our passion for conscious business. There is lots of potential for cross-training and growth within our talented team.
If you feel you are an amazing person with an inspiring work ethic who can contribute to the wonderful energy of our team, please reply to this post with a brief cover letter and resume describing your skills and what you think you could bring to the group!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers