Posted September 7, 2017 by Esslinger Staff
About the Job
To provide the manufacturing production team scrap reduction by repairing product, improving quality by communicating opportunities discovered to the traininer, repairing defective product that may be in inventory, ultimately improving the customer experience.
- Opportunity for Progression to Master Bench Jeweler.
- Minimum of a Journeyman Stone Setter or Journeyman Model maker experience required.
- Continuous improvement and Lean production system minded.
- Production minded but able to adapt to the circumstance. (i.e.- Premiere Service, repair, etc.)
- High school diploma or higher.
- Predetermined Certification test will be required
- Great attitude.
- Proficient in assembly of Jewelry (mountings, bangles, tennis bracelets and findings) and all tools.
- Proficient in prepping and polishing and all tools.
- Proficient in all metal smith levels.
- Able to fabricate metal and reconstruct product.
- Able to repair defects using laser welder and hand/micromotor hand tools.
- Able to set all stone set types.
- Ability to identify waste and implement continuous improvement.
- Ability to teach others.
- Ability to articulate technical status and communicate the same to the customer.
- Ability to colaborate with digital and physical jewelry manaufacturing centers in Lafayette, Louisiana and Merida, Yucatan.
- Ability to discern root cause including digital and physical fabrication.