About the job
Are you ready to break away from the chain stores?
We need help! Richters Jewelry & Design Studio in Londonderry New Hampshire is growing and looking for skilled bench jewelers who want a secure career in the jewelry arts.
Richters is an authentic fine jewelry store with an emphasis on the quality of materials we use, great original designs, fine craftsmanship with uncompromising standards of honesty and integrity. We represent many designers but, we are our own largest supplier creating in-house lines as well as one-of-a-kind designs for individual clients.
Richter’s is a privately owned jewelry store that has been operating in Londonderry for 30 years. We have an excellent reputation for the quality of our jewelry and our work and are well regarded within the jewelry industry.
At Richters you’ll work with other talented people in a non-completive and supportive environment. Our shop is well lit, clean, and well equipped with bench microscopes, a laser welder, GRS systems, lathe, and any hand tool you might need. We design, model, cast fabricate, set, engrave, and finish. If it involves jewelry…we do it.
What we need from you:
As a bench jeweler your job duties will include, but aren’t limited to:
· All types of general repairs of karat gold, platinum, and silver jewelry.
· Diamond and gemstone setting in prong, bezel, bead and channel.
· Polishing, cleaning and inspection
· Working one on one with clients for consultations and designs
· Working with in-house computer programs
· Maintenance of the tools and equipment that you use.
· Ordering of expendables, gold stock, parts and findings
· The shared maintenance and general cleaning of the shop
The ideal candidate is artistic with an eye for detail and must be comfortable working with the public as well as with jewelry. Five years experienced in general repairs is required. Laser welding and all forms of stone setting is preferred. Wax modeling and casting is a plus.
One More Thing…
You Must Provide Proof of Vaccination
What you get from us:
· 38 to 40 hours weekly plus overtime
· 3 weeks of Vacation/ Flextime per year
· Yearly Bonus
· 3-Day Weekends every other week
· Health Insurance Coverage or Allowance
· Dental and Vision Insurance
· GIA Tuition Re-Imbursement
· Paid Trade Show Travel
· Employee Discounts
· Paid Holidays and Birthday
We are centrally located in beautiful, tax free (no state income tax, no sales tax) New Hampshire just 45 minutes from Boston, 45 minutes to the beach, or a short one-hour drive to great New England ski slopes.
Send Us Some Pictures!
We want to hear from you! Send us a cover letter and tell us about yourself and your journey as a jeweler. Include some pictures of what you have made and things you are working on.
Find us at www.richtersjewelry.com or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/richtersjewelry
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 – $26.00 per hour
Leave A Comment