We have many opportunities available on our other career site pages. Click here to link to our careers page!
James Allen is part of Signet Jewelers, a purpose-driven company who believes love inspires love and whose mission it is to enable all people to Celebrate Life and Express Love. Signet Jewelers is also a “Great Place to Work-Certified™” company. Innovation and brilliance – two things that set James Allen apart. And we’re looking for jewelry consultants with the same characteristics. Join us!
R2Net – James Allen is searching for creative and talented jewelers who are proficient at performing jewelry repair, cleaning, solder, sizing in our manufacturing facility located in New York City. We are seeking individuals that are highly skilled, quality oriented and motivated to produce the finest products to our customers.
At R2Net – James Allen, you’ll use your talent to design stunning, one-of-a-kind, custom jewelry or restore jewelry to its original, breathtaking beauty. Team Members are dedicated to delivering a Customer-First experience that exceeds our customers’ expectations for custom jewelry design and repairs. Jewelers use various tools and techniques to make jewelry from metals, diamonds, gems and other materials. They also clean and restore jewelry pieces. Successful jewelers should have an exceptional knowledge of gems, metals, basic restoration and assembly techniques, and finishes.
- Work on raw casted metal to prepare for pre-polishing process
- Leave all surfaces smooth
- Achieve desired size leaving ring perfectly round
- Reach consistent ring thickness throughout
- Identify areas that need repair
- Solder gold and platinum heads to rings
- Ensure not to damage/burn diamonds when they are in the ring
- Sizing rings – Must have the ability to size a gold or platinum ring without leaving a seam
- Pin hole – Laser metal, clean and smooth area
- Porosity – Remove porosity without damaging the ring
- Crack – Mend crack appropriately without damaging the ring
- High School diploma/GED required, technical training in metal programs or jewelry programs preferred.
- Jewelery repair experience.
- Ability to complete a bench test for assessment purposes.
- Excellent organizational skills & detail oriented.
- Consistent regular scheduled attendance is an essential function of this job.
Base pay $18 – $28 per hour. Final pay rate shall be determined and is based on experience and qualifications.
Don’t forget, We have many opportunities available on our other career site pages. Click here to link to our careers page!