Posted June 9, 2017 by Esslinger Staff
Overview : Bench Jeweler (Fine Jewelry)
C&J Jewelry Co. Is interested in hiring a full time jeweler to work in our Product Development Department. A complete background in fabricating of fine jewelry is a necessity.
- Primary responsibilities include supporting C&J New Product Development jewelry manufacturing aesthetic and integrity to create unique and enduring jewelry pieces with diamonds and gemstones.
- Functions and responsibilities will be carried out in full compliance of quality standards, project time-lines, gemological requirements, work instructions and procedures. Use appropriate tooling as required.
- Perform other duties to support departmental objectives and deliverables including but not limited to fabricating and setting work as assigned to support departmental objectives and deliverables.
- Work safely at all times by consistently following safe work procedures, as well as all safety procedures required at the work-site.
- 10+ years bench jeweler experience –working with fine jewelry.
- Demonstrated Knowledge/experience of a Laser Welder Machine.
- Experience working with sterling silver , yellow gold, white gold.
- Extensive experience working with diverse materials (e.g., silver, yellow gold, white gold) and gemstones/diamonds
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with peers and multiple staff levels.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills and partnership skills.
- Professional work ethic demonstrative of exceptional customer service, compliance with all company policies and procedures including but not limited to safety, confidentiality, security; attendance.
- Must be flexible to adapt to changing priorities and willing to change responsibilities within the department as needed by the business.
- Technical understanding of fabrication, setting, and finishing of fine jewelry manufacturing techniques.
- Significant experience with performing and troubleshooting jewelry construction and repair.
- Flexibility to work overtime and/or modified work schedules as needed by the business.
- Experience setting diamonds and colored gemstones.
- Proficiency using using computers.
- Diamond and colored gemstone setting experience, high end jewelry.
- Jewelry/Manufacturing industry experience is an absolute prerequisite.
Job Type: Full-time
- Jeweler: 5 years