As the leader in the retail jewelry industry for four generations, Shane Co. serves our customers with a unique standard of excellence. We pride ourselves on offering superior quality jewelry, personalized and specialized service, and unrivaled value. Our people get to share in customers’ milestone moments such as weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, and everything in between.
Bring your professional expertise for setting, repairing, cleaning, polishing, and maintaining unique and quality pieces in our fun, fast-paced retail environment! Maintain the shop and personal workspace in a clean, organized, presentable, and efficient manner as directed by the appropriate management personnel. Skilled bench work, professionalism, and an artistic eye for quality will lead you toward success!
- One or more years of bench experience is preferred, but the ability to provide world-class service to our team and customers is required!
- This position is primarily responsible for setting, repairing, cleaning, and maintaining merchandise consistent with Company quality standards and service.
- Perform all requested and necessary work on jewelry to include, setting, sizing, repairing, welding, soldering, polishing, and cleaning consistent with Shane Co. standards of quality, service and timeliness.
- Ensure the quality of Company merchandise and make and provide accurate assessments of merchandise quality and condition.
- Maintain the shop and personal workspace in a clean, organized, presentable, and efficient manner as directed by the appropriate management personnel.
- Maintain, operate, service and clean as necessary all shop equipment and tools ensuring at all times safe operation and maintenance.
- Maintain and request as necessary all shop supplies, to include tools and findings, adhering to established shop budget.
- Constantly pursue personal and shop improvement and development by learning, sharing, and updating yourself on new and more effective and/or efficient jeweler skills, processes, and methods.
- If present, mentor and assist in the development of Apprentice Jewelers.
- Work professionally, efficiently, and courteously with all Store and Company staff, fostering teamwork and respect.
- Communicate issues or concerns through the appropriate chain of command.
Hours include evenings and weekends.