Henley on Thames, Oxfordshire
Up to £34,000 DOE
Grafton UK are recruiting for a prestigious company for a Watchmaker to join their HQ Team.
Key role duties:
Ensure a high level of intervention service to customers.• Provide repairs: Quick repairs when required (bracelet /Strap services-adjustments etc.)
• Partial repairs to the given level.
• Complete service – Hand-wound mechanicals and simple automatics, Chronographs, Simple complications, Chronograph complications.
• Provide basic polishing-refurbishing service (If required).
• Quality at all times.
• Back-up superior in his technical linked tasks, incl. quality feedback.
• Respect company technical guidelines.
• Adopt the most effective and efficient methods to cut down the time spend on each intervention and quality control jobs.
• Support the estimation, intervention and control phases of customers and stock items (if needed).
• Recognise issues on any trouble-related jobs or problems linked to work load or environment and provides feedback, if any to the
• superior to achieve productivity level.
• Undertake special projects assigned to him by his superiors’ efficiency – best working practice-EHS-technical variations-product knowledge-technical updates and improvements made by manufacturers.
• Work in a safe and proper manor, has a good understanding of EHS related tasks and procedures.
• Good understanding of equipment and tools.
• Quality of tools and equipment allocated to him. Maintains them in good order and condition carries out an annual tool stock take. Advise superior when a replacement is required.
• Maintain all equipment and tool in optimum working condition, which includes washing, sterilizing and cleaning.
• Recommend purchase of same that may improve the effectiveness and service of the service centre.
• Undertake technical training to expand scope, update best practice, stay current with technical evolution and best working practice.
• work is being carried out and not compromised.
The right Watchmaker:
Preferred WOSTEP or similar diploma in watchmaking.• Able to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines. Self-motivated and sets high standards and constantly prioritises.
• Outstanding organisational skills, attention to details.
• Experience Minimum 5 years bench experience.
• Positive and honest approach.
• Ability to adapt to changes.
• Understanding the brand ethos.
• Ability to work in the team as well as use own initiative.
• Good communication skills.
• High standard of written English and grammar.
• A hardworking and reliable attitude, able to work autonomously but collaboratively.
• Able to remain calm and focussed under pressure.
Willing to adapt and take on new challenges and driven to continually improve.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this role, please click on the link provided. If you would like any further information about this vacancy before applying, please feel free to contact Anna Ksiazek at our Leicester office (url removed), (phone number removed)