Hamilton Jewelers – Palm Beach Gardens, FL – Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Who We Are
The story of Hamilton Jewelers began more than a century ago, when a unique legacy of tradition and service was first established. Founded in New Jersey in 1912, Hamilton has been offering clients the finest quality, value, and design for over 100 years. With a heritage of excellence and family ownership, Hamilton is proud to serve generations of guests with an outstanding experience at each and every visit.
The spirit of service – to our clients and our communities – is the thread that unifies the 4 generations of the Siegel family across the decades and miles from Princeton, NJ to Palm Beach, FL, as well as around the globe.
Located in our Palm Beach Gardens store, at Palm Beach County’s premier The Gardens Mall, this role will offer you the opportunity to come to work every day in an exciting, fast-paced, luxury environment.
The Watchmaker is primarily responsible for supporting and providing an exceptional client experience for all internal and external clients by utilizing excellent knowledge in watch repair, problem resolution, product knowledge, client services & communication.
This position may be required to work weekends, some holidays, and peak sales periods.
- Remove mechanism from case and examine mechanism for defective parts.
- Repair broken, damaged or worn parts using hand tools and machines.
- Repair quartz and automatic watches, change batteries.
- Polish, clean and adjust watches using the appropriate tools, measuring instruments, bench machines, and cleaning equipment.
- Review and maintain in depth knowledge of Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Maintain strong adherence to proper use, storing, and safely disposing of chemicals.
- Provide valuable, accurate communication and feedback to clients to ensure an exceptional personal client experience.
- Inspect and evaluate the quality of product and workmanship.
- Update repair status into the Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Manage any internal client service issues while maintaining the brand’s high standards, using all appropriate resources, in a timely manner to ensure client satisfaction.
- Maintain familiarity with product lines and Hamilton sources.
- Maintain organized and updated required company documentation to guarantee compliance.
- Attend regularly scheduled staff training and in store vendor training sessions to ensure development.
- Provide effective in-store communication regarding repairs and all activities affecting other associates and store operations.
- Problem resolution.
- Product knowledge.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Security awareness and practice.
- Strong team player.
- Commitment to company standards and values.
- Basic computer proficiency.
Education & Experience
- AWCI CW21 and factory training/certification by at least one of the following: WOSTEP, Rolex, Breitling, Ebel, Omega, or Cartier.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience with repairs/watchmaking.
- Physical activity not limited to: reading, writing, walking, walking up and down stairs, standing, sitting, kneeling, lifting up to 25lbs.
Associated topics: cajera, courtesy, courtesy clerk, customer experience representative, customer service representative, deliver, retail cashier, retail sales consultant, sell, service representative