Posted April 19, 2017 by Esslinger Staff
The Administrator – Watch Service Lab is an integral part of our Service/Repair team in the West Hartford store. The position requires superior organizational skills as well as exceptional communication skills to handle a high amount of telephone and e-mail correspondence with customers, vendors and other stores. A strong interest in watch brands and the technical aspect of watches is also helpful. Responsibilities include:
-Transfer watches from service department into and out of the watch lab in a timely fashion.
-Arrange shipping and receiving for watches and parts. Order tools/ parts for our in-house watchmaker. Assist associates in all locations with inquires and technical information.
-Keep abreast of watches out for service, follow up and follow through then communicate results with customers, associates in all store locations, supervisor, and senior management if necessary.
-Quality Control watch repairs and parts.
-Communicate on a daily basis with watch vendors regarding the status of estimates and outstanding jobs.
-Assist in the West Hartford service department on an as needed basis.
-Assist in the Engraving department on an as needed basis.
-Be willing and able to learn the basics of routine watch service jobs and assist the watchmaker with cell and seals.
This position involves a great deal of customer and vendor contact via phone and e-mail.
- Strong computer skills including mastery of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Exceptional phone and e-mail etiquette
- Capable of operating independently in an ever-changing environment and able to switch gears quickly.
- Dedicated team player able to work effectively with internal and external customers.
- Manual dexterity capable of working with small repairs
- Experience/interest in luxury watches is preferred
No relocation benefits are provided for this position. This is a full-time hourly position with a range of $14-$16 per hour depending on experience. Full benefits are offered and the position has a Monday – Friday schedule.
PLEASE SEND A COVER LETTER ALONG WITH YOUR RESUME TO EXPLAIN WHY YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION. THANK YOU.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour
- West Hartford, CT
- Administrative: 1 year
- Retail: 1 year