The Watchmaker supports the Tiffany & Co.’s flagship store with daily servicing for clients, communicating the status of assigned repairs to the Administrative Staff and Management. The watchmaker should be proficient in all aspects of quartz repairs including polishing. They should also have formal training and experience performing full-service repairs on mechanical and automatic movements. The watchmaker will also support other areas of craft work. The watchmaker may also meet with clients, in tandem with client advisors or other store personnel, to address servicing needs or provide expertise.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform quality repairs on all COM (client owned merchandise) orders for complex quartz and mechanical watch servicing.
- Communicate status updates to administrative staff and areas of concern to the Lead and Management.
- Assist other Watchmakers to resolve challenging repairs.
- Identify and requisition parts for repair.
- Comply with all TCO policies and procedures, as well as departmental processes and best practices (ex. Internal Audit, Human Resources and Occupational Safety)
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience
- Experience in the repair of all types of timepieces
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Good problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; strong English language usage and grammatical skills
- Must be available to work variable hours, including weekends, as part of a retail schedule
- Experience working in a luxury retail environment
- Experience in embossing and/or machine engraving
The hiring range for this position ranges from $25 – $52/hr. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates’ relevant skills and experience.