The Bench Jeweler position is for an experienced jeweler to support our jewelry manufacture and repair needs. Primarily responsible for manufacturing, repairing, cleaning, and maintaining customer merchandise to a level that is consistent with the company’s quality service and standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manufacture jewelry IAW company recipes using various techniques, including soldering and tool work.
- Restores damaged or broken jewelry, clean and polish, jewelry.
- Repairs broken clasps, pins, rings, and other jewelry by soldering or replacing broken parts.
- Cut and shape precious metals into jewelry pieces using cutting and carving tools.
- Create wax molds, invest them, and cast in small batches.
- Adheres to all safety-related procedures to reduce the risk of accidents
- Solid Work Experience
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to interact in a professional demeanor with general public, as needed
- Effective prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines under pressure
- Knowledge of jeweler’s tools, machinery and equipment required along with jewelry repair knowledge
- Experience with lost wax method casting a plus
- Must be willing to relocate to the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, or allowed to work in the U.S.
- Required to sign a non disclosure agreement
- Provide references
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 – $20.00 per hour
Expected hours: 20 – 32 per week
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: In person