About the job
Join Chisholm Hunter as a Watchmaker – Glasgow
With a heritage dating back to 1857, Chisholm Hunter’s mission is to be A Cut Above in everything we do, and as a result we have grown to become one of the UK’s leading jewellers.
We have one of the largest jewellery and watch workshops in Scotland, and a high-performing, passionate and skilled Watch Workshop team. We are now recruiting for a skilled Watch Technician.
The Watch-maker will have a passion for watches and a meticulous eye for detail. To maintain ‘A Cut Above’ standards, the watchmaker will have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding Key Performance Indicators set by their line manager.
Watchmaker – Key responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting mechanical problems
- Servicing and repairs on a variety of luxury brands and their automatic and quartz movements.
- Carry out refurbishment of precious metals and stainless-steel cases and bracelets
- Achieve workload targets within agreed timeframes to contribute to the achievement of department targets.
- Conduct and support training of trainee watchmakers and technicians for all aspects of watch servicing and repairs
- Develop and maintain in-depth relevant brand and product knowledge
- Attend in house and brand training for personal ongoing development
- Maintain a high standard of work and keep returns to a minimum.
Skills & Experience Required:
- WOSTEP/BHI certification, or equivalent
- Accreditation is desirable, but not essential
- Impeccable attention to detail and ability to clearly follow and where needed, switch between detailed instructions.
- Experience of working towards set targets
- A self-motivated individual who is able to deliver high sta
- ndards of quality, in line with Brand standards
- A strong interest in continuing and developing a long-term career.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted