The Jewelry Product Developer will provide first in class customer service and lead the full product development cycle for Riva Precision Manufacturing clients. He/she will oversee development from concept art through hard prototype. The Product Developer will be the primary contact to Riva’s customers.
Responsibilities of Jewelry Product Developer :
- On-going communication with customers regarding project requirements, timelines and status. Attend client meetings are required
- Initiate and oversee project kick-off meetings with internal cross-functional groups
- Collaborate with CAD designers to translate concept art into production ready CADs
- Partner with Product Development Engineers to establish routings
- Order materials from factory control and external materials as needed
- Establish costing and review with Finance
- Track sample status through manufacturing
- Review 3-D prints and samples to ensure quality and design integrity
- Maintain customer job bags and property logs
- Establish and maintain project schedules. Ensure on-time delivery
- Attend weekly department update meetings and project status document
- Make suggestions for improvement s and efficiencies
- Minimum BA or BFA
- 5+ years fine jewelry product development experience. Luxury jewelry & manufacturing environment experience a plus
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Proactive self-starter
- Ability to multi-task & work in a fast paced environment
- Must be a team player
- Conducts self in a professional manner
- Excellent verbal & written communicator
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access. Rhino a plus
It is required that applicants have an extensive technical background in fine jewelry product development for this position.
Industry : Luxury Goods & Jewelry
Employment type : Full-time
Experience : Executive
Job function : Manufacturing,Product Management,Customer Service
Meet Riva Precision Manufacturing Inc.
Luxury Goods & Jewelry · 51-200 employees · Founded 1988 · Self-Owned
Riva Precision Manufacturing is a vertically integrated jewelry manufacturing facility, located in the heart of New York City. We retain a reliable and consistent manufacturing process that is located all under one roof, ensuring excellent quality and service. Our mission is to honor God through our service, process and product excellence along with a vision to become the leader in every industry we pursue while serving our customers, suppliers and employees.
As part of an all-inclusive service, our master metalsmiths and artisans will work until perfection on a piece of jewelry. Casting, stamping, rapid prototyping, chain making, enamel,CNC, Jewelry and polishing are a sampling of what we do. Working in all the precious metals-sterling silver, gold and platinum, our experience guarantees your satisfaction.
Riva has made a conscious, thorough effort to stay conservation minded, environmentally driven to reduce our carbon footprint, and to stay true to an ethical responsibility. These principles are part of our DNA.