Posted October 13, 2016 by Mark Esslinger
This position requires a wide variety of high jewelry making skills, including a proficient working knowledge of platinum and gold. The jeweler must have experience with producing hand-made models for production and manufacturing of one-of-a-kind complex pieces according to design. Responsible for execution of designs to meet the aesthetic and functional objectives, including hand fabrication and assembly of components. Must be able to collaborate with CAD Technician on specific components and mechanical solutions.
Key Duties Responsibilities And Accountabilities
- Translate design concept into physical piece within delivery time. Manufacture all one-of-a-kind pieces within established project time frame. Collaborate with CAD designer/technician, setter, and polisher on all technical aspects of creation of the finished piece.
- Physically construct new production models and initial prototype samples according to the project delivery timelines.
- Provide input on technical aspect of design during project reviews, participate in brainstorming sessions during design review meetings. Provide input on production techniques and initial labor estimates.
- Count and record individual daily production results, verify accuracy of work orders, reconcile materials used in work orders, and notify supervisor of discrepancies
- Work safely at all times by consistently following safe work procedures for a jeweler, as well as all safety procedures required at your worksite
- 7-10 years bench experience in high-end jewelry manufacturing shop.
- Knowledge of complex and intricate jewelry construction as well as precious metal properties.
- Ability to read and interpret design rendering/engineering documents
- Ability to construct handmade elements, mechanical components, clasps, connections
- Ability to carve model elements in wax
- Ability to communicate issues clearly in a team environment
- Knowledge of colored stone properties, setting techniques and styles
- Ability to work overtime as business need arises
- Good communication skills.
- Must be highly motivated.
Language Skills : English: very good
Start date : 2016-10-1
Job location : New York, NY
Industry : Luxury Goods & Jewelry, Retail, and Construction
Employment type : Full-time
Experience : Not Applicable
Job function : Design,Other