This is a key role within our business to ensure that we consistently reach our goal of providing excellent services to our clients, ensuring they are better informed and delighted with their experience, subsequently recommending us to others.
The successful candidate will be tasked with ensuring that through effective management of the technical supervisory team, published lead times and quality standards are maintained as per our brand expectations.
The role is responsible for constantly driving the technical departments forward through benchmarking, identifying and delivering training needs, recruiting quality technical staff and ensuring processes and procedures are adhered to. Key tasks include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage productivity of technical staff and departments.
- Ensure published lead times are maintained.
- Continually review and improve quality controls.
- Using system tools for monitoring of service steps.
- Technical point of contact for customer care and our clients.
- Devising and managing the training calendar for all technical staff.
- Constant review of technical processes and procedures for documented in our standard operation procedures.
The ideal candidate will hold a watchmaking diploma, be highly organized and have a proven track record in managing and coaching a technical team. They will also:
- Have the ability to perform duties whilst adhering to tight deadlines
- Be an excellent communicator with the ability to develop relationships at all levels
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, knowledge of SAP would be beneficial.
- Have the ability to converse technical knowledge confidently to different audiences.
- A WOSTEP accredited or similar diploma in watchmaking.
- Previous experience in managing departmental / technical processes and people management.
Southampton, SO15 0JA
The Swatch Group (UK) Limited
2nd Floor East Wing
The Royals Business Park
GB-London E16 2QU
Industry : Luxury Goods & Jewelry
Employment type : Full-time
Experience : Not Applicable
Job function : Customer Service
Meet Swatch Group
Luxury Goods & Jewelry · 10001+ employees · Founded 1983 · Public Company
The Swatch Group Ltd is an international group active in the manufacture and sale of finished watches, jewelry, watch movements and components. Swatch Group supplies nearly all components required for the watches sold by its 18 watch and jewelry brands as well as by its two retail brands, the Tourbillon and Hour Passion companies. The Group’s production companies also supply movements and components to third-party watchmakers.
The Swatch Group Ltd is also a key player in the manufacture and sale of electronic systems used in watchmaking and other industries. With its watch brands, it is also a leader in the field of sports event timing as official timekeeper and data-handler of most of the Olympic Games of the last decades and major international sports events.
The Swatch Group Ltd has a unique emotional culture. Beauty, sensuality, emotions in watches are as much part of it as high-tech, quality and added value on the customer’s wrist. Both, emotional poetry and innovation play an active part in the commitment to its customers.
The Swatch Group Ltd was founded in 1983, by Nicolas G. Hayek. It grew out of the merger of two big Swiss watch groups, ASUAG and SSIH. The Group has since shown steady growth in key financials, leading to records. Today, the Group employs over 35.000 persons in fifty countries. Swatch Group’s 2014 gross sales amounted to a record number of CHF 9 219 millions.
Discover the Swatch Group brands…
Breguet, Harry Winston, Blancpain, Glashütte Original, Jaquet Droz, Léon Hatot, Omega, Longines, Rado, Union Glashütte, Tissot, Balmain, Certina, Mido, Hamilton, Calvin Klein watches + jewelry, Swatch and Flik Flak.
For more jobs please visit our corporate website (link given below).