Job Title: Watchmaker
Reports to: Technical Director of Customer Service
Division: Customer Service
The Watchmaker is responsible for providing in-store watch maintenance, service and performing quality control checks on watches in a timely manner to satisfy the needs of our customers. The Watchmaker is also responsible for supporting Sales Professionals in the sale of a watch, ultimately enhancing the client experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
In-Store Watch Maintenance
· Service a watch completely.
· Clean cases and bracelets using the ultrasonic cleaner and where applicable the steam machine.
· Replacing pins and screws.
· Water Resistance Testing – test watches to ensure they are water resistant using the pressure test machine and advise if the watch passed or failed. Provide a copy of the printed results for the customer.
· Testing for rate deviation on mechanical watches using the timing machine.
· Battery Installation – selecting the correct size and voltage of battery for watch. Ensuring battery straps are secure and cleaning of the terminal.
· Using quartz analyzer to test voltage, rate and coil resistance.
· Conduct quality control on out-of-store repaired watches including appearance, proper hand alignment, water resistance documentation and final wipe down and wrap.
· Conducting quality control on same-day serviced watches including wipe and wrap. Advise Service/Sales Professionals if the watch requires additional servicing.
· Provide a final quality control check to ensure the watch has been repaired according to Tourneau standards. This includes:
§ Reviewing appearance, hand alignment, proper tension of setting and winding, calendar flip, oscillating weight, proper screw down of crown/tube, no exposed gaskets, final timing, water resistance documentation, checking clasp functions, spring bars and loose pins/screws, setting and winding positions as well as final wipe down and wrap.
· Support process for out-of-store watch repair
· Maintain equipment and tools in good working order.
· A demonstrated ability to learn on-the job.
· Willing to be hands-on and work with the team to get the job done.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule throughout the week.
· A passion for watches.
· At least 5 years of work experience.
· Detail orientated with a mechanical aptitude.
· A basic understanding of watches is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time