Job Title: Watch Technician
Reports to: Service Manager
Division: Customer Service
The Watch Technician is responsible for providing in-store watch maintenance/service and performing quality control checks on watches. The Watch Technician is also responsible for supporting Sales Professionals in the sale of a watch, ultimately enhancing the client experience. Additionally, the Watch Technician must be willing to train other Watch Technicians on watch maintenance and processes, when necessary.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Supporting Sales Professionals in the sale of a watch
In partnership with the Sales Professionals, the Watch Technician is to “make ready” the watch for the new sale:
· Using the sizing strap provided by the Sales Professional, adjusts the watch to ensure an optimal fit for the client.
· Ensure the watch is clean to support an outstanding client experience.
· As required, set the watch to the appropriate time and date.
· In situations of trade-in, open watch to verify serial numbers for purposes of authentication.
In-Store Watch Maintenance
· The Watch Technician is responsible for providing in-store watch maintenance in a timely manner to satisfy the needs of the client. This includes:
· Battery Installation – selecting the correct size and voltage of battery for watch. Ensuring battery straps are secure and cleaning of the terminal.
· Cleaning cases and bracelets using the ultrasonic cleaner and where applicable the steam machine.
· Replacing pins and screws.
· Water Resistance Testing – test watches to ensure they are water resistant using the pressure test machine and advises if the watch passed or failed. Provides a copy of the printed results for the customer.
· Testing for rate deviation on mechanical watches using the timing machine.
· Using quartz analyzer to test voltage, rate and coil resistance.
· Conducting quality control on out-of-store repaired watches including appearance, proper hand alignment, water resistance documentation and final wipe down and wrap.
· Conducting quality control on same-day serviced watches including wipe and wrap. Advise Service/Sales Professionals if the watch requires additional servicing.
· Maintaining equipment and tools in good working order.
Support process for out-of-store watch repair
The Watch Technician is responsible for providing a final quality control check to ensure the watch has been repaired according to Tourneau standards. This includes reviewing:
· Appearance, hand alignment, proper tension of setting and winding, calendar flip, oscillating weight, proper screw down of crown/tube, no exposed gaskets, final timing, water resistance documentation, checking clasp functions, spring bars and loose pins/screws, setting and winding positions.
· Final wipe down and wrap.
The Watch Technician is responsible for maintaining the appropriate inventory of batteries and parts and for ensuring:
· The work area, bench, tools and equipment are to be neat and clean at all times.
· Watches under the control of the watch technician are secure.
· A demonstrated ability to learn on-the job.
· Must be willing to train other Watch Technicians, when necessary
· Willing to be hands-on and work with the team to get the job done.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule throughout the week.
· A passion for watches.
· At least 2 years of work experience.
· Prior client services experience is desirable.
· Detail orientated with a mechanical aptitude.
· A basic understanding of watches is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time