Service customer and stock watches to modern, professional standards in a timely manner.
Generate estimates within two days of receiving any watch for repair
Interact with clients occasionally, and as needed.
- Service customer and stock watches to modern, professional standards in a timely manner.
- Generate estimates within two days of receiving any watch for repair
- Interact with clients occasionally, and as needed.
- Maintain a high, professional standard as representative of JB Hudson and an advocate for fine timepieces.
- Order parts and materials as needed.
- Report all Rolex and Tudor repairs on the Rolex log sheet.
- Maintain a clean working environment.
- Report costs incurred per specific repair jobs.
- Maintain industry certifications in good standing.
- Attend at least one professional watchmaker training program per every two years and achieve a passing grade, if applicable.
- Write at least one industry-related article per year for publication in a trade magazine or on jbhudson.com.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform high quality watch repair on a wide range of timepieces, to factory or industry specifications, in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to work quickly and balance an ever-changing workload.
- Strong communication skills are required to professionally interact with customers, co-workers, vendors, and other watchmakers.
- Self-motivation, persistence, and tenacity.
- Common sense.
- Have the heart of a teacher, and a happy spirit.
- Professional knowledge of modern mechanical and quartz timepieces, including functionality and vintage and antique timepieces.
Education and Experience
- Modern Certified Watchmaker (CW21 and/or WOSTEP)
- Several years of industry and bench experience with a wide range of luxury and all mechanical watches.
- Continuing education is preferred and encouraged.