This position is for the Sensors and Special Instruments organization and is responsible for performing standard work assigned to meet production requirements, flexing to different jobs to meet customer needs as the Business requires. Additionally a technician is responsible for monitoring, assisting, and improving all aspects of Safety, Quality, Productivity, Inventory and Delivery in the work cells. Candidate must be able to follow detailed assembly and test instructions consistently, and interpret blueprints/drawings.
- Selected candidate will work in a Clean Room environment.
- Excellent manual dexterity and visual acuity is key.
- Use of precision tools, fixtures and measuring equipment to perform assembly, in-process inspections, calibration, and test of hydro-mechanical fuel controls in an aerospace production/quality environment.
- Follows all prescribed Health, Safety and Environmental rules and regulations.
- Performs work through the utilization of work instructions.
- Visually inspects parts and product for quality.
- Detects and reports faulty operation, defective tools and materials.
- Initiates action to prevent/correct product/process non-conformity.
- Maintain all required documentation and records accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintains work areas and tools according to Visual Management and 5S Standards.
- Able to work overtime, including weekends.
- Attend and actively participate in daily Tier meetings
- Participate in continuous improvement and rapid problem solving
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Must be a U.S Citizen due to contractual requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1 year experience as a Watchmaker.
- Clean Room experience.
- Experience using precision measuring devices (i.e., such as micrometers, dial indicators, dial calipers and depth micrometers)
- Associates degree
- Ability to work with hand tools of different types.
- Basic computer skills with ability to navigate internet and MS office.
- Intermediate math skills.
- 5 years of experience in an assembly and/or test manufacturing environment
- Micro-miniature mechanical assembly experience.
- Able to work and communicate well with others.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced aerospace production environment.
- Able to work in a team environment and solve issues at the lowest level.
- Knowledge and demonstrated adherence to 5-S principles.
- Have led or actively participated in an continuous improvement manufacturing activity
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Job: Integrated Supply Chain
Primary Location: USA-FL-Clearwater
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED
Relocation Available: No
University Relations Requisition: No